NJMP regional 9/20 & 21

wroché29

NJMP regional 9/20 & 21

Post by wroché29 »

There's nothing on the NESCCA web site (yet), but the registraion is on DLBRACING.com

http://www.sjr-scca.org/forums/ipb/inde ... wtopic=557

We're race group 4 with FF, CF, F550 and FST
Bill Roché
Citation XTC41
Team FootShoot partner
Brian Holtz

Re: NJMP regional 9/20 & 21

Post by Brian Holtz »

Okay guys and gals,

Only four entries so far for this event. The regions that race at NJMP are trying to figure out what to do for next year. So far the lack of support for this new facility has been pretty surprising. The South Jersey Region put on a very good event in July and this one promises to be even better on a longer, professional course. Not to mention the other things happening all weekend. FF2000 will bring 40+ cars to the event for some of the best racing you will ever see. The Vintage Race Group will be next door on Lightning for three days. There will be a vintage car show and live bands Saturday night. Not to mention the Warbirds on display next door at the airport with flying exhibitions right over our heads on Saturday and Sunday afternoon from 1-4pm, featuring P-51 Mustangs, a Spitfire, B-25 Mitchell bombers and, of course, some P-47 Thunderbolts. This promises to be a great weekend. I know it is scheduled near some other events, but this will be worth attending.

Brian
JimR

Post by JimR »

Is this a shortbox or longbox track?
wroché29

Post by wroché29 »

Hi Jim (and congrats on your double victories).

As far as I know; no vee has run the thunderbolt track yet. I ran a short box on the Lightning course & it was OK, but got busy at the end of the straight with no drafting partners (it was just Jay and I, so we were more interested in passing than drafting). The straights appear to be about the same length, but Thunderbolt has a tighter turn leading into it. Thunderbolt's straight is basically flat, no uphill or downhill stuff. I'm guessing a short box. I think Eugene will have his long box in (from Pocono).

Both tracks are brand new & very smooth. The land is sandy, so dust kicks up when tires go off the track, but if it rains; I'll bet the paddock drains quickly.

For those that really like to flog themselves as much as possible on a race weekend; Geoff (my son) tried the kart track over by Lightning & gave it high marks. He embarrassed the local hot-shoe / work-at-the-track kid!! :lol:
Last edited by wroché29 on September 12th, 2008, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Roché
Citation XTC41
Team FootShoot partner
wroché29

Post by wroché29 »

Bill Roché
Citation XTC41
Team FootShoot partner
CitationFV21

Post by CitationFV21 »

Brian Holtz wrote:Okay guys and gals,

Only four entries so far for this event. The regions that race at NJMP are trying to figure out what to do for next year. So far the lack of support for this new facility has been pretty surprising. The South Jersey Region put on a very good event in July and this one promises to be even better on a longer, professional course. Not to mention the other things happening all weekend. FF2000 will bring 40+ cars to the event for some of the best racing you will ever see. The Vintage Race Group will be next door on Lightning for three days. There will be a vintage car show and live bands Saturday night. Not to mention the Warbirds on display next door at the airport with flying exhibitions right over our heads on Saturday and Sunday afternoon from 1-4pm, featuring P-51 Mustangs, a Spitfire, B-25 Mitchell bombers and, of course, some P-47 Thunderbolts. This promises to be a great weekend. I know it is scheduled near some other events, but this will be worth attending.

Brian
Brian,

Wasn't the last regional there in August? (That went against NHMS) and now you are in the middle of a NHMS, WG, and the Runnoffs. I know we lost some races with Lime Rock, but you cannot force feed them all in a row....... And you have another in October?

Now you might say NHMS is not in the same area, but if you are in NY, it is about the same distance. And with the Glen this week (almost 300 entries)....

What are the overall enties?

ChrisZ
Brian Holtz

Post by Brian Holtz »

Chris,

I'm just letting people know what's going on next weekend to help encourage people to come. Not to mention the more Vees, the better. Besides, if we are going to have a good post race evening we need the FV crowd there. Can't leave all the partying up to Grimes and Roche. There is no doubt that the scheduling for this season sucks. They are not "my" events. I'm just a lowly race worker looking for this great venue to get off to a good start. With the track opening mid-season, Northern New Jersey and South Jersey regions signed up for two weekends each. When the regions in the division start putting together their dates for 2009 there needs to be some thought put into it so that all racing regions can benefit and we end up with with successful, well attended events. NEDIV Exec Steward Tom Hoffman has already put out a memo to the regions to encourage them do so. I don't know how many cars are signed up as the DLB site is down, probably due to the hurricane since they are located in Texas. Last I saw was just over 100, plus the Pro FF2000 which should bring in another 40+. Hopefully some of the survivors from the Glen will decide to make it two weekends in a row. One of the few success stories in this year's racing economy has been the large fields at Summit Point for the MARRS races and the increase in entries at NEDIV Nationals. I would just like to see it continue next weekend.

Brian
CitationFV21

Post by CitationFV21 »

Brian,

Sorry - I was speaking in the generic "you" of the regions and the track.

This has been a tough year between the economy and Lime Rock.

For the future, I see a lot of potential, but a lot of stress if we are going to have more tracks and the same number of racers - a problem we could only dream of a few years ago.....

If Palmer comes on line in 2010, then I see the NE championship becoming more distinct with races at Palmer and NHMS. Maybe NJMP can hook up with Summit, Lime Rock with the Glen etc. Then we can work on developing local racers and build up our numbers the way NASCAR does.

As FV is a entry level class, that would mean looking at the class as an outsider - keep costs down by going to a Divisional (for Regionals)(hard) spec tire, doing promoting at SCCA meetings and the tracks (Now that NJ has a track - there should be some fresh areas for recruiting), and doing some creative entry fees - multiple race discounts and securing local sponsors to subsidize entry fees.

I know some ideas are already in the works and I look forward to hearing these other ideas.

Thanks for all your effort.

ChrisZ
grimes34

Can't leave all the partying up to Grimes and Roche.

Post by grimes34 »

No Problem Brian, Our friends Mr Smith & Mr McIntosh will also be there "God willing" and with you, I think we will have a good start to what looks like a great weekend ! 10 more Vs would be nice !
eugene Team2Stool deviant