iracing

kidkoh

iracing

Post by kidkoh »

has anyone used the Iracing site. Does it help I am thinking of joining but I wanted to ask if anyone has tried it they don't have a vee in the list of cars but I am sure I can find a car that is close.
this is NOT an advertisment for the site just a solisitaiton for opinions
rphillips

Re: iracing

Post by rphillips »

I joined this year and have been using it some. I have found that driving the simulated cars is tougher then driving actual race cars! I have been having fun with it though and I think that it is a useful tool especially for learning new tracks. Even though you don't get the "feel" of actually driving, it certainly reinforces all the things you need to know in order to be fast -- like being smooth, planning your passes, etc.

One word of caution is that it will cost you more than the annual membership fee because you get a couple cars and a few tracks to get started. Additional tracks and cars cost $15 to 25%. However, the SCCA promotional discount is a good one because you get the annual subscription fee at a 50% discount and you get another $75 in credits that you can use to buy additional cars and tracks. Any way you slice it, it is way cheaper then actually racing!

Right now I am driving a Skip Barber Dodge car with grooved cars and I think that is the closest to a FV.

Ray
Doug Carter

Post by Doug Carter »

If you are looking for tracks to learn and different chassis to drive, including a FV mod, rFactor is still the best option in SIM racing. More tracks, more cars, no fees—and still good, quality online racing, too.

We did a SRF sim league last winter with ApexSpeed/Trackpedia, and we had spectacular competition on a bunch of excellent tracks. The slower car mods (like SRF) really help learn how to drive a momentum car fast, too.
fvkartguy

Post by fvkartguy »

I've been using rFactor.
You don't pay a monthly fee, so I think it's cheaper over all and all the mods (cars and tracks) are free and plentiful (both realistic and ridiculous ones).
I don't know how good iracing is b/c I didn't have a god enough graphics card for it.
But if you do the free trial for iracing, BE SURE to cancel at the end of the month if you don't want to continue. It didn't work on my computer, so I just forgot about it and was charged a while later (no refunds).
HendricksRacing Site:
www.HendricksRacing.net