WDCR adopts race lap penalties for 2010

FV94

WDCR adopts race lap penalties for 2010

Post by FV94 »

See my post the the Events section.
The WDCR has adopted a race lap penalty program that will impact FV, as well as all the formula and sports racing classes.
We need to address this somehow.
Bob Tupper
FV80
Site Admin

Re: WDCR adopts race lap penalties for 2010

Post by FV80 »

I think that 15 'no shows' might get the "POINT" across (pun intended <G>).
I would question the "POINT" (pun intended again <G>) of all this. Of what advantage is it to shorten the races ?? The ONLY thing I can think of it that it might get the volunteers home 1/2 hour earlier. Otherwise it's just a PENALTY - a 'spanking of the hand' to make us (you all) SHAPE UP.... I wonder how that's going to work out for them .... and you. Recon any 'higher ups' of WDCR are monitoring this forum??
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
John Deonarine

Post by John Deonarine »

Looks like the WDCR is attempting to taking the "club" out of Sports Car Club of America!

John
smsazzy

Post by smsazzy »

I for one think this is a FANTASTIC idea. I am 100% in support of shortening the sessions for FV's. This will help to increase the life of tires, lower gas consumption and allow for less engine wear and tear. Additionally, by shortening the session and still charging the same amount, it will not lower the actual expenditure so it isn't likely to give the racer additional money back allowing them to go to another race to compete. That way the advantage of the longer lasting tires, and lower fuel consumption is not wasted on another entry.

The best part is that the open wheel racers, and Sports Racer drivers won't be as tired. This might provide additional cost savings as it might save a night of hotel on the way home.

Lastly, no more costly test day. Why dial the car in right when I can just get a good start then block the other two drivers for a couple laps and pull out the win?!

Thank you Brian Harding for coming up with this! I am happy that you and all the front runners that don't buy tires used the proceeds to pay for the lobbyists who snuck this change through the back door. Also, thank you to the Alien's at Roswell for bringing Elvis back to his home planet and for helping us create a myth called climate change.....

We now return you to your regularly schedule (non-sarcastic) message board......

Seriously though, what a rip off.
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
sweenrace

Post by sweenrace »

I'm lost! How is a lap penalty incurred?
RacerGeek

Post by RacerGeek »

They set a minimum number of cars per group at 18. If less than 18 cars go out for qualifying on Saturday, then the 18 lap race for that group on Sunday is shortened to however many cars qualified - 15 cars get 15 laps, 8 cars get 8 laps.
Bob VanDyke
Thomas Galuardi

Post by Thomas Galuardi »

Perhaps the production cars and the sedans should get multiple checker flags based on the number of cars in their class. 2 HP cars get the checker after 2 laps; 4 EP cars get a checker after 4 laps. How about if we put all the entries in one big 124 lap race??? Because of our open wheels and speed it's difficult to group us. But the closed wheel guys can have a race group of 20+ cars because the have 7 classes and everybody gets a trophy. But, we all pay the same entry fee!!
brian

Post by brian »

This sounds like another committee getting too impressed with themselves. In NW region they're talking about taking away qualifying times if you miss a 08:30 driver's meeting. Sounds a bit extreme to me.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.