National Dates

wroché29

National Dates

Post by wroché29 »

In the northeast we've lost Summit Point, Lime Rock, Mosport, and half of the double at Poc-oh-no. The national at New Hampshire has been moved to a time of year when there's better sledding. Are other divisions experiencing the same cut-backs, or is it just here?
Bill Roché
Citation XTC41
Team FootShoot partner
Speedsport

Re: National Dates

Post by Speedsport »

Those here in the Central Division feel your pain. Since the division spit, we lost Grattan, Mid-Ohio, Gingerman, and Indy. We've been reduced to 2 tracks for our entire national season. I'm still bitter over that whole deal. :x
jmattox

Post by jmattox »

Come on down to Floriduh for the quad national January 1-10 at Homestead and Sebring (long course). I can't guarantee perfect weather, but, there probably won't be any snow to plow and the racing will be good. You can always go to the Keys if you break at Homestead and take an airboat ride outside of Sebring. Or stay in Floriduh and join our party.

John
fv42
remmers

Post by remmers »

NARRC series lost pocono all together... and one of our dates is still up in the air... it's gonna make the racing interesting this year, what with only 5 weekends to run confirmed...
brian

Post by brian »

SF region has had only one double national for years. If one wants a 3rd or 4th race in NorPac, they're facing a 1300 mile round trip. Out of division to So Cal is closer, about 600 round trip. Been that way for many years.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Thomas Galuardi

Post by Thomas Galuardi »

The Lime Rock web site lists a national on May14-15 by Mo-Hud Region with possible support from NNJR. Perhaps it's only tentative?
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

In the Midwest Division, Memphis Motorsports Park has been closed. Three National races were tentatively scheduled there. One has been moved to Heartland Park. The other two are probably gone.
69 Beach Solo Vee, #65 FM

85 Lynx B Solo Vee

71 Zink C4 Solo Vee
jmattox

Post by jmattox »

34 degrees and the rain was fun! Saturday ended up being a flagfest. They threw every flag except red, I even saw one with little black and white squares, which I had not seen in a while. Now I know what it is like to race out of the Sunshine State .

John
fv42
jmattox

Post by jmattox »

It is 30 degrees this morning and not a cloud in the Carolina blue skies. Going up to a high of 47 with no chance of rain. I guess I chose the wrong day to run, but, I gotta admit it was fun. CFRSCCAdotORG for our schedule. Come on down to Florida for some racing at Sebring and Daytona. 11 vees were at Sebring this weekend, 7 chose to run in the rain yesterday and 10 will be there today.

John
fv42
Akula23

Post by Akula23 »

Actually, the new SE Div schedule has Daytona cancelled this year. We also lost the 2nd National at Rd Atlanta in June and our usual double national at Roebling in July. This leaves me with only two nationals this year within a 6 hour tow of Atlanta. Both are in March, so my season lasts 2 weeks! Hope I don't wreck the car at the first race...
Let's go Racin'!
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Charlie,
The "June" national is still at Atlanta - it's just the last weekend in May these days :-).

We did lose Daytona. This year we have dropped from 13 National races in SEDIV 2 years ago to only 9 - 4 of which are in the 1st 2 weeks of the year and are VERY poorly attended by those of us in the north part of SEDIV. We have FIVE left to work with - Roebling in March - Atlanta in March - VIR double in April, and Atlanta again in May.

Wow, haven't things changed <VBG> (and VIR is "only" 9 hours away <G>) .... and, yeah - DON'T wreck at Roebing - let's hope NONE of us do.
See you there.
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80