Gearbox ID chart

Ski-Motorsports

Gearbox ID chart

Post by Ski-Motorsports »

Long ago, I had a chart that would help identify what gears were in a transaxle by turning the input shaft and counting the rotation of the axle. I think this was developed by Frank Schultheis in the 60's or early 70's. Does anyone have a copy of this that they can share with the forum?

I have a transaxle in my basement that came from an old Zink we parted out about 15 years ago and I have no idea what gears are in it.

thanks for your help

Paul
smsazzy

Re: Gearbox ID chart

Post by smsazzy »

Put the tranny in third gear, put a zip tie on the input shaft like the second hand on a clock. Put one axle on a jack stand and turn the wheel ten times or so. Count how many revolutions the input shaft makes.

Send me an email at stephensaslow(at)gmail(dot)com and i will email you my excel sheet to figure it out.

Or just divide it out and find out the ratio. Pretty easy from there to figure out the long vs. short part and which third gear is in it by a simple process of elimination.
Stephen Saslow
FV 09 NWR
Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

Paul:

If you send me your e-mail address I will scan a copy and send it to you.

Dietmar
fvraceri@cox.net
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

I posted the chart here on this forum as well as an excel spreadsheet. You should be able to find out everything you need on this thread...
http://www.formulavee.org/interchange/v ... eet#p14620

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Ski-Motorsports

Post by Ski-Motorsports »

my thanks to all for your help

Paul
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

I used Steve's spreadsheet downloaded from Wedgeracing. Excellent resource. Highly recommended. Thanks!

PS .... If printing, you'll want to move the pagebreaks around. Its good size for reading on screen but awkward on paper.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

If you (uh.. *I*) print it in landscape mode, you end up with the data on 1 page and the instructions on page 2. If you print on both sides, it works pretty well and is nicely readable.
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80