2010 End of Racing Season Cruise?

When would be a good month for a racing related cruise?

Poll ended at November 21st, 2009, 10:09 am

1) Never - It's a dumb idea and I wouldn't go
50%
2) I'd probably go in October
No votes
3) I'd probably go in November
No votes
4) I'd probably go in January
30%
5) I'd probably go in February
10%
6) I'll go anytime as long as it's not between April - September
10%

Total votes: 10

Bob Stack

2010 End of Racing Season Cruise?

Post by Bob Stack »

I coordinate a group cruise to the Caribbean for my law school. this is a bi-annual event which includes Continuing Legal Ed. hours and is generally a great time.

So I start thinking - would there be any interest in the "FV Community" (which for these purposes I'm including FST, Vintage, FSV - anything with a VW motor in an open whel chassis) in an end of the racing season group cruise? I'm looking for a general idea at this point whether it's worth considering - once I get an idea of that, then we'd start talking specifics. I'm thinking the inaugual event (Vees at Sea I - I like it, and it's in process of being trademarked so don't even think about it!) would be at the end of the 2010 racing season.

I'm assuming we could have some "how to" clinics on the seas days, and some private receptions (maybe sponsored by some of the vendors?) and, well, who knows - there are a lot of things we could do with something like this.

For the moment, figure a couple would spend somethere between $1800 - $3600 for cabin, airfare, tips and misc., depending on cabin type and how much on-board spending you do.

Repsond to the poll, or leave a reply, or both.

I'd also be interested in whether it should be broader than just VW based.

Feel free to contact me off list at bob@roemer-stackracing.com as well
Fenders? We Don't NEED no stinking FENDERS!
http://WWW.GRAYBEARDRACER.COM
D-13 FV
Hal

Re: 2010 End of Racing Season Cruise?

Post by Hal »

Ehhhhhh....honestly I would rather spend the money on Vee parts and stuff and maybe go to FL for a couple of weeks (or more) in the winter. Nice idea though.

Hal
FV(s) 88
Bob Stack

Post by Bob Stack »

Hal wrote:Ehhhhhh....honestly I would rather spend the money on Vee parts and stuff Hal
FV(s) 88
Yeah, I have a feeling that's the common sentiment.
D-13 FV
jmattox

Post by jmattox »

Turkey Trot is the weekend after Thanksgiving. Long course, Sebring, first race for "next" year. January is trying the Quad national Jan 1,2,3 ,8,9,10. Come on down to FL/CFR for some racing and maybe a cruise in between?

John
fv42
Bob Stack

Post by Bob Stack »

jmattox wrote:Turkey Trot is the weekend after Thanksgiving. Long course, Sebring, first race for "next" year. January is trying the Quad national Jan 1,2,3 ,8,9,10. Come on down to FL/CFR for some racing and maybe a cruise in between?

John
fv42
Hmmmm - "Honey, guess what! I'm taking you on a cruise in January! YEs really, a Cruise!" "one small detail, we'll be taking the RV and the trailer, well, um, yes, that's right, and there'll be a little race the weekend before, and, well, one the weekend right after, but, hey - FIVE glorious days at sea in the middle."

Great Scott - It could work!

Of course the 15 pounds I gain on the cruise might mean I can't fit inthe car for the second weekend.
D-13 FV