WMR double regional @ Grattan on 8/14, 8/15

Dayle Frame

WMR double regional @ Grattan on 8/14, 8/15

Post by Dayle Frame »

Registration for WMR's "It's a Race, Race, Race" double regional is now open at wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com. WMR treats is drivers and workers well and we have the legendary Saturday evening dinner party also. My wife is registrar so keep her busy so I can work on my car after the Glen races.

We have a three race format with sunday morning's qualifying session being a 7 lap race.

Contact me (frameh@msu.edu, 517.889.1100) if you have any questions.

Dayle
Dayle Frame

Re: WMR double regional @ Grattan on 8/14, 8/15

Post by Dayle Frame »

As I am registration sitemaster and my wife is registrar, we are being besieged by questions about whether this race will be cancelled or not. I want to make this clear....WE ARE NOT CANCELLING THIS RACE. WMR has never cancelled a race. Yes, the entry count is low but we are NOT cancelling this event. So don't sit on the sidelines an wonder if the race is going to be run and 'should I enter or not'.....come on out and race.

The nature of entries this time of year is such that drivers wait until the last minute to decide whether to enter an event or not (finances, car readiness, available prep time, etc.). I understand....I'm a racer too. But this delay forces entries to be slow in coming in until the last few days. This timeline allows for doubt to creep in as to whether an event will be run.

WMR works very hard to make sure our events are driver friendly. As it stands now we will loose our shirts on this event and it may go away next year unless things change. We are a small region and don't have the resources to lose money on events consistently. Please support WMR and Grattan by coming out to this event.

So enter online at wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com and please contact me (517.889.1117, frameh at msu dot edu) if you have any questions.

Dayle Frame
Dayle Frame

Re: WMR double regional @ Grattan on 8/14, 8/15

Post by Dayle Frame »

The late fee has been waived and registration has been extended to 11:59 PM ET on 8/12.

Dayle