VW loyalty $1000 cash on new VW

jphoenix

Post by jphoenix »

So, I went to my local VW dealer because I wanted to replace my aging Volvo wagon with a new VW Golf TDI wagon. They said if I currently owned a VW, I could qualify for the $1000 cash back offer for owner loyalty. I explained that I'm loyal to Volvo having owned everything from an Amazon to a 2008 XC70 (not my worn out 2005 XC70 I'm replacing) but now I want to try a VW, so could they just give me that $1000 to entice me to switch brands?

No, you gotta own a VW. So I said well, I do own a VW and showed them a photo on my iPad of my vee and said "look at the front suspension and the engine - that's a bug". They laughed and then I told them that VW stop offering contingency money and word on the street was buy Mazda. I left.

They called back and said they'd give me the $1000 because I owned a VW.

:lol:

The manager said he would make the deal if I let him drive my Esprit around the block - I said sure, that's cool and you can drive the FV as well if you like!
Jim Phoenix
2016 Red Mercury FV 44
FV80
Site Admin

Re: VW loyalty $1000 cash on new VW

Post by FV80 »

Terrific story, Jim :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I guess any other (VW) car shoppers should print your message out and take it to the dealership with them ...
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
gbrianmetcalf

Re: VW loyalty $1000 cash on new VW

Post by gbrianmetcalf »

Unread postby jphoenix » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:38 pm

So, I went to my local VW dealer because I wanted to replace my aging Volvo wagon with a new VW Golf TDI wagon. They said if I currently owned a VW, I could qualify for the $1000 cash back offer for owner loyalty. I explained that I'm loyal to Volvo having owned everything from an Amazon to a 2008 XC70 (not my worn out 2005 XC70 I'm replacing) but now I want to try a VW, so could they just give me that $1000 to entice me to switch brands?

No, you gotta own a VW. So I said well, I do own a VW and showed them a photo on my iPad of my vee and said "look at the front suspension and the engine - that's a bug". They laughed and then I told them that VW stop offering contingency money and word on the street was buy Mazda. I left.

They called back and said they'd give me the $1000 because I owned a VW.

:lol:

The manager said he would make the deal if I let him drive my Esprit around the block - I said sure, that's cool and you can drive the FV as well if you like!
LOVE it!

G.